Butler Square, Formerly Butler Brothers Warehouse
The Butler Brothers' Warehouse was built in 1906. It occupies half of a city block and is directly across the street from that
modern lovely, The Target Center.
Butler Square is an important building in the Minneapolis Warehouse District. It was the first warehouse in town converted into
office spaces. The first remodeling job was done around 1974, with another remodeling
about 1980. Inside, there's a large
atrium with the building's timbers and trusses exposed. It's quite beautiful.
This is one of only two large buildings that local architect Harry Wild Jones built that are still standing.